Most of us recognize that mold is considered a health hazard, but how many of us really know what it is? A shocking amount of homeowners aren’t familiar with how mold forms, how to prevent it or how to treat it after it’s developed.
We classify mold as microscopic organisms prevalent in outdoor conditions. Potentially hundreds of thousands different varieties of molds generate spores, a small reproductive body that spawns new organisms – nasty stuff like bacteria, fungi, and algae.
The trouble with spores is that they’re so small, you could fit ¼ million on the head of a pin. They’re also airborne, meaning they’re virtually impossible to filter out altogether. Spores become a problem when there are wet surfaces of your home – these conditions produce all the ingredients necessary for mold to grow.
Mold is awfully resilient. Its spores can flourish in clean areas of your home and still go unnoticed. People tend to think it only applies to dirty areas of the home, but that’s not necessarily true. Spores still flourish in otherwise immaculate areas.
You’ll most often find mold inside your sink, dishwasher cabinets, bathrooms and other laundry related areas. Its microscopic size means it can grow virtually anywhere – on your refrigerator, in your AC unit and elsewhere.
It’s essential to limit humid and wet conditions in your home. Detecting mold isn’t easy until it’s become a significant problem – the mold you see or smell could indicate significant problems. Water stains and rusty nails around your home are a good indication your home has mold.
The most important step in treating mold is to contact a professional service to assess the damage. Rather than taking things into your own hands, AZ Hydro Pro can determine what areas of your home are affected and ensure stubborn mold doesn’t return. Mold in your home has a tendency to reappear when not fully removed. We also ensure that the conditions which created the mold are properly addressed.