One of the scariest aspects of mold growing in your home is its potential health risks. How might mold impact your health? The answer isn’t always so clear.
There are many ‘everyday’ mold risks around your home, risks that might not be considered so dangerous. For instance, the majority of refrigerators in America have some semblance of mold. What makes a mold particularly dangerous depends on how your body reacts to it.
Certain strains of mold are considered worse than others. Stachybotrys is a common mold that grows along drywall, wood, paper and dust – its effects are far more transparent. Mild conditions like headache, dizziness and fatigue can result from the associated myctoxins. Very prolonged exposure can cause more significant health issues like respiratory infections that require medical attention.
Every person has their own level of tolerance to myctoxins, poisonous discharge released by mold. Even individuals with a high tolerance for myctoxins can develop sensitivity to these poisons following extensive time of exposure.
Many people don’t realize they have a mold problem as it’s difficult to diagnose – as you’re dealing with a microscopic infestation, you often won’t recognize the problem until you see or smell it.
- There are however several telling signs of mold, including,
- Dark stain along stucco
- Concrete that absorbs and retains water
- Deteriorating porous materials attached to wet concrete
- Water stains
- Rusty nails or metal surfaces
- Damp or soft areas of floor surfaces like carpet and wood
If your home exhibits any of the following signs, you shouldn’t hesitate to contact AZ Hydro Pro for an inspection. Mold is incredibly resilient – growing back in places it wasn’t fully removed. It’s best to treat the situation immediately before significant problems develop in your home or cause issues to your overall health.
Protect your family from dangerous mold – contact us today!